Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2005


Today I got all the centre quilted, some of it free-motion and some stitch in the ditch. The free-motion is very difficult in the centre but easier near the outside. I used Golden Threads quilting paper needle punched. That was quite successful for the most part. Once in awhile it would tear off before I was finished, but with practise I learned what direction to go to prevent that. I am going to try the same method for the border. I am thinking of hearts in the corners where the borders meet. It will match the hearts in the large squares.


I am happy with the motifs in the big squares although they don't show up very well in the photograph. I am not, however, totally happy with the free-motion quilting. I guess each quilt is a practice piece. I wonder when I will get to the point of being satisfied with my results.

No comments: