Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MAM on the Machine


This morning I pinned the MAM quilt on to the machine. Actually I did it twice. I was about to start pinning the top on when I realized I had the backing on inside out. I spent half an hour re-doing that. I decided on this one to try some free motion. The borders are vines and the blocks are spirals. If I were doing it again I'd make the spirals a bit tighter. It's good practise though, and the quilting won't show up that much on such a busy front. I could also go back into it and add another layer of quilting. I do enjoy free montion more that following a panto, although the results look a lot less professional.
I also tried floating the top on this one. I'll know how it worked when I get it off the machine. I will also have to pin it on sideways to do the side borders. I haven't done that before either.
Today the wind chill was at -45. Australia is looking better and better.



8 comments:

Danetta said...

I like the circle and square look you have going on.

Libby said...

What is floating the top? I love all the different techniques you are trying out here . . . fun *s*

meggie said...

I just love the way you are having fun quilting! It looks great.

Pam said...

You certainly are quilting up a storm with that new frame and machine.

I hear it has been bitterly cold out there in the east. Australia will be a welcome break for you -- can I come??

Clare said...

I'm thinking about a MAM too. Need to bust some of those scraps. I am so envious of your new frame. I'm sure I'd never get anything else done if I had one!

julieQ said...

Very pretty mile a minute. Enjoy your new frame!

julieQ said...

May I ask how to move my lists/profile back up to the top of the page? My stuff is mysterious down at the bottom like yours...?????? Wish I know more about 'puters!

Silverthimble said...

Good grief! -45! I don't blame you for running away to Australia! :)