Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Mistakes


I got up early and went to the studio to get some work done before everyone else got up. I worked for about an hour but when I stood back to take a look I saw a mistake in the pattern. I'll have to remove the last row and rotate a couple of the blocks. The worst case scenario is that I'll have to take the blocks apart or make new ones. Sometimes it's easier to just start over. My biggest problem (aside from following the pattern) is not getting two identical squares touching. I've done a bit of that already too but this is the first time I've had to rip out a whole row. I'm working on the 6th of 8 rows so if I don't make too many more mistakes I should be done with the piecing pretty soon.

9 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

It's a sweet quilt. When I'm piecing a quilt, I make a diagram on a piece of graph paper. I letter and number the rows. I put the diagram on a bulletin board I have above my sewing machine. I make a little paper with the letter and number (the top left quilt block is "1A") and I fasten it on with a safety pin. That helps me to keep track of my quilt squares. Hope this hint helps.

Elaine Adair said...

I see it, I see it! It's a neat and straightforward quilt. Love it!

The plan from ROZ above sounds like a GOOD one!

jovaliquilts said...

I have all sorts of clever systems for keeping things straight, but unfortunately something always seems to go a little whacky! Hope you don't mind unstitching too much. It really is a lovely quilt. Scrap quilts have so much depth to them; I find them very appealing.

Judy said...

Lovely, Joyce! and you have such a great attitude about your little error.........it would have made me crazy!

xo

Myra said...

You stitch, you rip, it's part of what we do...and we all do!!! 8-)
It will be a lovely quilt!
Happy stitching!

Silverthimble said...

This is looking gorgeous!

meggie said...

I think I would get lost, there too.
I have to use the floor, or our bed, so it is hard. I live for the day I will have a design wall... never, is the current expectation!!
Maybe I will live forever~ haha.

Libby said...

As per usual - I see nothing . . . but I never do until I'm about to put in the last few binding stitches *s* It's a great pattern and looks good from here *s*

Lily Mulholland said...

Bugger! But it's looking great Joyce! I just do Bloglines when I get up early because I couldn't trust myself not to make mistakes!!