Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

K Quilt



Here is the rest of the K Quilt laid out on the design wall. The first part is rolled up on the left. Before I start sewing I'll unroll it and see how it al looks together. I'll make at least one more box to replace the one that's sticking into the top right black strip. The lightest color on that one doesn't work because the pattern is too big and you lose the illusion of depth. I can also see a couple of pieces I might move now that I see it on the computer.


This is the original dragon fabric. It's hard to fail when you start with such beautiful fabric. There will be at least a panel of it on the back to show what I started with. There isn't enough to do the whole back so it will be mostly pure black.

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

This is a totally awesome quilt! Putting it together seems like a major undertaking, but it's going to be so worth it!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Amazing quilt - thanks for sharing.

Myra said...

That is going to be an awesome quilt Joyce! About what size will the quilt be when done?

Libby said...

Stunning . . . and such a great idea to use a piece of fabric for the back *s*

Rosalyn Manesse said...

really remarkable. I think I need a close-up to see this superior quilt!

Darcie said...

The fabric is gorgeous all on its own...but you've done it even more justice by actually making that first (sometimes difficult) cut! Well done!

Lily Mulholland said...

You should definitely send a photo of the finished quilt to the manufacturers! I love what you've done Joyce.