Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2008

Christmas Bag


Since I scored a huge piece of Christmas fabric at the thrift shop last week, and I didn't feel like doing anything complicated today, I started this Christmas bag. The red is the lining which is not put in yet. Before I sew it in I have to decide a couple of things. First, one long strap or two handles? Second, what kind of closing? I have magentic snaps which could be at the top or on a flap. If a flap, what shape? I could do a zipper but I have been wanting to try those snaps I got awhile ago. Third, should the handles be poinsettia or red? I have enough fabric to make a dozen of these bags or a lot of shopping bags so the decision is not crucial.

2 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

What a great thrift store find. Can't wait to see what your finished bag looks like. I think the handles would look great in red and give a nice contrast. Have a great weekend!!!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What wonderful bags - great score on the thrift store fabric. I keep looking and so far I've found a lot of embroidered vintage linens (I'm collecting them for a crazy quilt) but nothing much in the way of fabric.