Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spraying Hands


Alison wanted to have hands on the back of her quilt so she got out her diffuser and I supplied the Procion dyes. Here are the hands with the star quilt (which I finished on Saturday) faintly showing through. I hung the hands on the railing over the star quilt where it is residing until it goes to its new home.


Here she is spraying my hand with the dark color. As you can probably see, she has already done her hand with a red background.


Here's how my hand looked right after spraying. Nothing a little bleach can't cure.

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a cool idea!

Myra said...

That is going to be one awesome backing Joyce! I love that idea! It's like imprinting the hands that made the quilt! Very cewl!!! Messy, but soooo worth it! 8-)

Lisa said...

very cool!!!

Darcie said...

What a great momento to remind Alison of her stay with you! I love the negative/positive look.

And what's a better conversation starter than beautifully dyed hands?! ;-)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

It's just like the finger/hand painting we did when we were kids, very kewl!

Libby said...

What fun!