Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2008

This Weather!!

I was given this award by Megan at The Bitchy Stitcher. Thanks Megan. I'm pretty lazy so I'll just say that if you want an award, you are nominated.
I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning my sewing studio. Once in awhile it just has to be done. Now I'm all ready to start something new.

The weather here is pretty bad. Here is the forecast for tonight:
Night: Blizzard. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind north 50 km/h gusting to 70. Low minus 27. Extreme wind chill minus 45.
Note that wind chill! It's the same in both Fahrenheit and Celsius when it gets down to those temps. I guess that could be called good quilting weather. I wish I could trade a few degrees with all you Australians who are "suffering" from plus 30 and muggy weather.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

We've got the deepfreeze her, but no blizzard, or even snow. I can see the sun coming up right now. I guess we're missing that one. Quilt well! I'm working on my final term paper. No sewing for me today.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

It's great when you don't have to go out. But when you need groceries because there's no milk in the fridge it's a real bummer. Guess who's going to the grocery store today?? me :^((

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't mind being snowed in after Christmas, but before is a real problem. The howling winds that drift it afterwards are the real problem.

Lise said...

BRRRRR that is quite cold for this time of year,,,early stuff, we here are getting another snow dump lol,, but not as cold as you's.. and I agree, that is good quilting weather, stay warm and happy quilting...Lise

Sandy said...

Time to get a woodstove! And congrats on the award, don't forget to thank the academy.

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Joyce,
Its cold here in Alberta too- the north wind did blow here today. I am looking forward to a day at home tomorrow without going out- I did get some Christmas shopping done today so it was worth going out..We didn't get that much snow - not like they got in Calgary and southern Alberta...
Hope you are enjoying some pleasant time indoors.
Regards,
Anna

Maggi said...

This makes out moderate cold and fog seem positively balmy. Love your blog, you deserve the award.

Chocolate Cat said...

Not sure whats happening to the weather but we haven't got the heat and sunshine , instead we've had cold, wet, windy weather for the last 3 days!!! Oh well it was perfect for getting the Christmas cards done - quilting sounds much more fun!

Myra said...

What a terrible cold snap hey!?! Unreal! 8-(

meggie said...

We humans never seem satisfied with the weather, do we!
It sounds as if you need to keep wrapped right up, & keep very busy!