Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

July 7 Art Party


Yesterday we had our annual art party. Here is a photo, courtesy of Sara, of a red hot pot coming out of the raku kiln.


Later, after the pot luck we lit a huge bonfire.


And then lit a grass fire in a circle around the stones. After that we set off some fireworks but I didn't get any photos of that.
Many of us were wearing cloaks that I made a few years ago. I'll have to make more though, because there aren't enough of them to go around.
We are thinking next year we might have an outdoor quilt display on the stones. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Darcie said...

Count me in for 2010's party! ;-)

LOVE the pictures! Nothing was singed or scorched, I hope!

Oh...you are not going to believe my word veri!!! partz. HOW ironic is that!!!

Libby Fife said...

I somehow see a quilt in the making!

em's scrapbag said...

Sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing.

Lise said...

Wow, looks like someome has been buzy. Have a wonderful time and of course I'll stay tuned for more....

meggie said...

I remember seeing last year's party pics too. What fun.