Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Vegetarian Feast


Every couple of months a group of us get together and make a feast with a theme chosen by the host . Each person picks a couple of recipes from the chosen cookbook and then we get together and eat, eat, eat. This time the theme was vegetarian using one of the Moosewood cookbooks. The picture above shows some of the food but none of the desserts are shown here. By the time dessert rolled around nobody had energy left to get up and take a photo. This was a truly amazing meal with lots of different salads. The round yellow loaf at the back is gluten free bread and was totally amazing. The cold beet borscht was to die for. The cubed baked tofu would convert the most anti-tofu person. Center front is a cabbage-mango slaw, also amazing. I contributed knoephela soup and my lemon pie which are not in the cookbook but everyone wanted to try. It's going to be hard to top this one!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I love the Moosewood cookbooks. Such delicious food. The Vegetarian Epicure books are also amazing. I may have to try the cabbage-mango slaw, sounds heavenly.

carmel debreuil said...

grrrr... and me here in australia! looks like you guys had an amazing feast! and you know, beyond that, i'd love to have come for the company alone... what a great group of friends to share a night of food and company with! lucky you !!!

Kay said...

I'd like the cubed tofu recipe. Is that in one of the Moosewood books?

Darcie said...

Oh my! Such color and texture. And it's that food and not your quilts I'm talking about! ;-)

Myra said...

Wow! Looks like enough to feed an army!!! How many are in this group?
The food looks delicious!

My son's girlfriend is a vegetarian, which is something I have to remind myself every time they come over for a meal... A couple of times Bacon got tossed into a salad without a thought... OOPS!

Meggie said...

Swooning as I read! Mmmmm!