Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Oh Oh...


Here is the partly finished bag from my new book. It's a bit squishy right now because the lining and extra bottom piece are not done yet.



Here is the lining all ready to be assembled. Do you see the problem? Right, the fancy inset zipper pocket is on the bottom, not the top. It would be the one that can't be ripped out and changed. I'll have to make a new lining piece and make a different bag with the pocket some other time. It's one more thing for my parts drawer...

5 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Oh how I hate when that happens. But....the bag looks fantastic!

Brenda said...

couldn't you just piece the lining and recut it, instead of sewing a new pocket in a new lining? all the seams will be to the inside anyway....you're a liberated quilter, and that's what liberated quilters do!!!!

Myra said...

Wow Joyce! Love the fabrics! That is going to be a great bag when completed, and those kind of booboos happen to all of us... 8-)

Quilts And Pieces said...

I'm liking it so far!

MyCretanlife said...

oopps! Don't worry we all have those moments. Still I bet you could have kicked yourself when you realised. I wouldn't be surprised if it went together like a dream too. Think it's called sod's law. pardon the expression.