Wednesday, May 06, 2009
I really liked the shape and size of the brown bag but I wanted a zipper so today I started a black one. I also put an outside pocket on it that you can see in the picture below.
I am struggling with the lining. It is too big, probably because the bag is quilted and the lining is not. I may have to redo it slightly smaller or take bigger seams on it. The strap and hardware are from a thrift shop bag. I think I'll have to shorten the strap but it has a really nice matching rivet on it and I don't think I can re-use it. It won't look as nice sewn but it is completely doubled right now and it's still a bit long. I added a zipper, not the easiest thing I've ever done but it turned out pretty good. Now I will hand sew the lining in if I can ever get it to fit properly.