Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Moon and Stars Quilt



I have been very lax about posting lately but not much work is being done in the studio. We leave for Australia in two weeks so I have been spending quite a bit of time getting organized for that. I did manage to finish quilting this one today using silver thread again. I am binding it with a burgundy. I debated between that and the blue of the sashing. The decision was made for me when I measured the blue piece of fabric and found that there was not nearly enough of it to go all the way around the quilt. The quilt is now hanging over the railing in the house waiting to be hand sewn down. I'll have to find something good on TV.

4 comments:

greelyrita said...

It's a very bright and happy quilt - perfect for this time of year!

Myra said...

Wow! You go girl!!! Just a moving and a shaking on that one!!! 8-)

I sewed a binding on today... will work on that tomorrow by hand... A great "take along" thing to grab and go....

Happy stitchings!

Darcie said...

Lovely! Doesn't quilting just give a quilt a whole new life...new charm!

MyCretanlife said...

I have been watching the progress of this quilt. It's looking good.