Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006


The Red Hot Mamas is all quilted and ready to bind. Then all I have to do is sew the decorations on the hats. I tried the yellow satin for the border but it was far too intense. I didn't want to draw that much attention to the border. Hopefully I will have time to finish it tomorrow at least to the hand sewing of the border.
My next project will be to finish the silk teapots. I am puzzling right now about how I am going to quilt them. I will use iron on interfacing on the back of the silk squares because it is very light weight silk and needs the extra support. I have no idea how to quilt it though. I hope inspiration will hit when the time comes.

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Could it just be the shiny satin that made the yellow binding too intense? How about a yellow cotton binding - very narrow? Looks great.

Unknown said...

You could quilt the names of all different types of tes like assam, darjeeling etc around and between your teapots - just a thought :o) The hats are looking lovely

Lois R. said...

Red Hat Mammas looks great! I really love your starbursts. Anxiously awaiting more quilted teapots...