Search This Blog

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Turkey Dinner



I cooked a big turkey dinner for the family yesterday and fully intended to take a photo of the table before we started to eat. What with half a dozen hungry teenagers and assorted adults milling around the table (we did it buffet style and ate out on the deck) I forgot. Instead I will show you some photos of why we like to live here in spite of the long winters. It rained in the morning so all the leaves were glistening and bright. The first photo is of a giant ant hill on a trail in the woods at the west end of our property. The second one is of the view from the front deck. The small red trees are wild plums which are covered with white flowers in the spring. We went for a walk after eating and the weather was just perfect for me - light jacket weather.

9 comments:

quiltpixie said...

sounds like thanksgiving came early at your place :-) The fall foliage is really lovely isn't it, Though I must admit I can find beauty in just about any season...

Melzie said...

OMGOSH are the ANTS giant too?! LOL I never saw one that big! Your leaves are beautiful, ours wont really turn for a couple more weeks :) xoxo melzie

meggie said...

Love the trees!

You meal sounds wonderful, made perfect by the company.

Eileen said...

Good food, good company. That's a great combination. I agree-I love the change of seasons too. By the way, we heard it's supposed to be kind of a mild winter. We'll see.

Cynthia said...

sounds like you had a lovely day. The area you live in looks lovely with those beautiful trees.

Lois R. said...

The trees look gorgeous and dinner sounds like it was wonderful -- this is the perfect time of year, isn't it?

Angie said...

Oh WOW, that's a HUGE ant hill!! I would not want to meet with the ants that live there! LOL And your view/trees are breathtakingly beautiful!

Turkey and trimmings sound delicious.

Lily Mulholland said...

When I saw that first photo I thought it might be the pit in which you were cooking the turkey!!! LOL

Liz Plummer said...

Lovely view... and amazing anthill - never seen one like that before!