Search This Blog

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Back Online

We bought a wireless router and when setting it up suddenly lost all our internet connections. What a drag! After an hour and a half on the phone with the tech people at Xplornet we are up and running again. They blamed the problem on Windows Vista. Who knows . I'm just happy to be back online again.
We will be having a party up at our stone circle on Saturday so the next few days will be spent getting ready for that. We will be having a pot luck supper and a big bonfire after that. Hopefully, there will be some good photos. A few years ago I made some cloaks for people to wear at our parties so I'll probably be hauling them out again if there is anyone interested.
I have been so busy for the last month that I have spent almost no time in the studio so I have no quilty pictures to share. Hopefully all that will change next week when it looks as if our hectic life will return to it's normal pace.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Nice to hear from you again, Joyce. Have a great party.

Lily Mulholland said...

Great that you're back online Joyce. And that party sounds like it's going to be a good one!

Sometimes life gets in the way of quilting, huh.

Donna said...

the forecasts say the weather should hold, so I'm not sure the cloaks will be needed, but the party will no doubt be fun :-)

Judy said...

When all else fails, everyone points a finger at Vista these days! LOL
Hope you have a fun party.
I know you must be looking forward to some quality studio time...me too!!
xo

Libby said...

Glad you are back online - no matter who was the cause of the problem *s*

Darcie said...

One of the Geek Squad guys from Best Buy told me that Vista actually is too high tech even for the newest of puters. Might be?

Your party sounds fun! These evenings have been wonderful...even though very mosquito-ie. You bonfire should scare them away.

I'll be looking forward to lots of pics!!!

meggie said...

Ooh the party sounds fun. How intriguing, a stone circle & cloaks?
Good to know you are back on the net!

atet said...

I wouldn't doubt it is Vista's fault. The company that shall not be named has a history of releasing software that has more holes and bugs in it than it should, counting on customers to work some of them out or discover them. Nice hunh?

Have a great party! If I were there -- I'd say hand over a cloak!