Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New Bag


It has been very hot and humid here this week so I took a bit of a break from quilting to make this bag. It is from an old McCalls pattern that I have had forever. I made dozens of bags using this pattern and old Jeans. The front pocket was the back pocket of the jeans. This time I used quilting fabric and the blue is some batik that I made awhile ago. It has only one strap. I was going to make it a backpack with two straps but I made a mistake putting on the rings to fasten the straps to. For some reason I put two at the top and one at the bottom, which is the opposite to what it should be. It was fairly easy to change the top to one ring but it would have meant major surgery to change the bottom, so, only one strap .

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Great colors! That bag looks like it is such a convenient size too.

Donna said...

looks great -- and in this heat two straps would put it too close to your back! a single strap lets you easily toss it over your shoulder and you're off :-)

Beertje Zonn said...

Hello,

I like that Bag!
Regards,

Sonnja from the Netherlands

meggie said...

I like the bag too, one strap & all. I love the colours.

atet said...

Those colors are fantastic! I love your bag!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That looks great, as do the pots (great fun as well!) and the wonky log cabins,-great way of not needing to match! Tracey

Melzie said...

Very good job :) Love those colors. xoxo melzie

Lily Mulholland said...

Joyce I love it! Love the fuchsia (sp?) with the muted blue - gorgeous!

Darcie said...

Your color combo is gorgeous, Joyce! Love the beads too.