Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Bugs


Today I put a border around the bugs but I haven't sewn down the rick rack yet. I found out from bitter experience that the foot on my quilting machine doesn't like rick rack very much. It always wants to nudge under it instead of riding over the top of it. I'll sew it on once the quilting is done. I have it on the frame now but I am wondering if I have the patience to stitch around each and every petal. I can't think of any other way to quilt it that would look half as good. I did one on a sample scrap and it looked great but that is a LOT of tiny little petals. Then I'd do the large leaves and just put a spine up the middle of the teeny tiny leaves.
Any other quilting ideas?

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Instead of quilting around each petal, what if you just quilted the outside of the entire flower and then another smaller circle in the middle? Just a thought.

Debra Dixon said...

I was going to suggest what Magpie suggested. I hear you on the foot catching on the rickrack. I had a similiar experience and it only takes doing it once! I really like the stencilled flowers too.