Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good Times


We had a Pyjama Party at the home of my friend Brenda in North Dakota on Friday. This is the view from her back yard. Amazing. We started eating at about 3:30 and kept it up until we were too tired and full to continue. We also had big plans afoot for the next day. Saturday we drove to Fargo for their Indian Summer Quilt Show, which was very impressive. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so pictures will have to wait until I get some passed on from one of the other gals.


A short while ago I won a draw at Judy's blog, Heartfelt Fabric Art
It was waiting for me in the mail when I got home. It looks even more beautiful in real life. Thanks Judy.


One of my purchases in Fargo was this neat pair of shoes. They are supposed to be very good for your feet. We'll see. I'm still trying to get them on in less than half an hour. It's like giving gloves instead of mittens to a two year old. (Maybe you have to come from the frozen north to get that reference.) They are for outdoor wear but so far I have been practising around the house trying to get used to them. I got some matching toe socks. Are they cool or nerdy???

10 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Those shoes look quite fun - I would think they would be a great conversation piece. I'm really curious though to know if they're comfortable?

Elaine Adair said...

I've been seeing those shoes here and there - they might be the next new big 'thing'!

carmel said...

Mom. No need to ask. Nerdy.

Meggie said...

I just would not have the patience for toe socks! My Granddaughter has some... I suspect she rarely wears them!

So, will these new shoes replace "Crocs"?

Judy Hartman said...

The shoes are so funny! Glad you're enjoying the picture, Joyce!

Chocolate Cat said...

They are one of the oddest things I've seen!!! Are they comfortable once you get them on????

Rose Marie said...

I've heard about this shoes .... question is .... are they comfortable?

Myra said...

Beautiful view from your friend's backyard!! Gorgeous!!! 8-)

Lovely little giveaway prize you've got there too!

The shoes... I've never seen such anywhere!!! Toe socks... been there done that in my teens... lol!

Joanne said...

I saw someone wearing shoes like this the other day! Funny I had never seen them until I saw them on your blog, and then saw them for real a few days later.

Lily Mulholland said...

Half an hour! LOL. They are very strange shoes!