Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Breathe Some More


The basic banner is finished. Now I want to make some words to hang from it. I did LOVE in different fabrics, mainly because I don't have enough background fabric to make them all the same as the banner. This one might be too different but I'll  make a few more words and see how they look. I'm thinking of doing some sort of hanging system so I can hang one word if I want to focus on that particular feeling, or many words if I wish.  I'm thinking of either buttons on the front or a strip of velcro on the back of the main banner. The velcro would give more freedom for the placement of the words. I could then make some of them horizontal if I want to use a long word or a phrase. I already have a long list of possible words so stay tuned.

5 comments:

carm said...

there is a high contrast in the two fabrics but the breathe is really calming and the love is really pulsing so when you are meditating maybe it's good that each gives you a different feeling, specially if you can move them around and stuff. i think it's a neat idea to give yourself the option of change so it makes this project beautiful and functional!

MyCretanlife said...

Great idea been able to change the words. Then you could reflect whatever mood your in.

em's scrapbag said...

I like the button hanging idea.

Frances Arnold said...

What a clever idea. Cant wait to see where you take this one!!!

Magpie Sue said...

What a wonderful idea to hang additional words so they can be swapped out! I'll be looking forward to seeing how you decide to resolve this.