Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013


This morning I woke up to more snow, unusual for the middle of April.  When it hadn't slackened off by afternoon I decided to face the elements and go to the studio.  The problem was, I had a path (very narrow) packed with my snowshoes, but it was completely hidden under a new layer of snow. I knew approximately where it was but every time I stepped off it, I was knee deep or more in wet snow. It took awhile but I finally made it and spent a couple of hours working on my latest quilt.


I have to sew in two more white horizontal strips and then finish assembling it.  The one in the magazine has a second border but I'm not sure I'll add that. It's already quite large, about 56x80. I also realized after it was mostly assembled that the magazine one has a white horizontal line between the large rectangle and the smaller square. Oh well, I never was very good at following instructions.  That must be why I enjoy random piecing so much.  When this one is done I'm thinking of starting another I Spy quilt which will be a relief after the precision (?) of this one.




I took this video out the back door. It's not often that you see it melting and snowing at the same time. The snow is winning so far...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

it finally stopped snowing here. can you get out of your driveway?

Mary-Frances said...

I'm glad you were able to get to your studio today, nothing like working a project to make you forget (for a while) that it is still winter outside!! :-)