Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2005


Now this is my second quilt. Somewhat better, partially because I went with Bali Batiks for the fabric. How can you miss with those colours? It is a queen size and the back is navy blue with a narrow border of the rainbow colors. I machine quilted it in three pieces and then sewed them together with a covering strip. This one is also stitched in the ditch which is nice because you don't have to do all that marking. I was quite satisfied with this one and have to thank the ladies at The Quilter's Jewel in Morden for suggesting Rail Fence as an easy pattern to start on. I also want to thank Marcel for helping with the layout of all those rainbow squares. I was ready to try for a random look but this is much better. He also designed the heart square in the middle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I went to the beginning of your blog!! I love this quilt! Beautiful work and eye for color.