Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Clothespin Bag


Nines at Prairie Quilts asked to see my clothespin bag. Here is a picture of it with the approximate measurements. It is really like a double layered apron. My mother always had one so I made my first one soon after I got married. I used it for years and when it wore out I made this one. This one has velcro on the ties but I'm not sure I like that as well as regular ties. I have no idea where the pattern originally came from. I have never seen another one like it but I would be lost without it.
We had our first bit of snow last night but it is nearly all melted now. I don't think winter is here to stay quite yet.

7 comments:

Finn said...

What a pretty clothespin bag Joyce. I remember this kind back in the 1940's and 50's.

Then a new version of commercial bag came out, one that was white canvas and had the metal hanging part to put over the clothes line..*VBS* But I like yours better..*VBS* Hugs, FInn

Libby said...

I remember my grandma's clothespin bag. It looked like a little dress. I would imagine she probably made it -- I wonder whatever became of it?

meggie said...

Love your clothespin bag. We call the 'pins' pegs!

Feel sorry for you, just going into snow. Keep warm!

Theresa said...

Egads - snow already?? It was 80 degrees (F) here yesterday. Too warm for October, I'll admit, but snow???

quiltpixie said...

great bag, mine isn't so apron-ish -- just hangs on a hook by my line and you reach in...

Jenni said...

Snow! How exciting (you can tell I live in the Sub-Tropics). My peg bag has mesh in the bottom and stays out on the line. It is made from canvas.

Judy said...

My gradnma had one of these for her clothes pins. She eventually got a dryer, but still used the clothes lines almost for everything!!