Monday, July 16, 2007
I finished this quilt that I was doing awhile ago. It was a quilt as you go but I made a real mess of assembling it. I'm not sure I'll be trying that technique again any time soon. I did my first quilt like that but it turned out a lot better. I like the way the back looks but it's all lumpy and puckered. Oh well, it will be fine for the car or the couch. I saw that it was a bit of a disaster so I sewed the binding to the back and turned it to the front and machine sewed it down. I have been wanting to try that for awhile now. That turned out really well. I may do that again sometime.
Meanwhile I finished the one with the dark polka dot sashing. I got some more of that fabric and used it on the back too. There is no restful side to that one! I am half way around with the hand sewing down the binding. I was thinking of finishing it tonight but black on black is a bit of a challenge without daylight so it may have to wait until tomorrow.