Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I have spent some time with my new machine on the table today. I finished the duvet cover. It's just large squares so it was a good one to start on with an unfamiliar machine. Today I cut and pieced blocks for a table topper from a 2001 The Quilter magazine that I picked up at the thrift shop awhile ago. It's a bit more precision so I am moving up to the next step. I finished the blocks and since I took the picture I have sewn together half of the rows. The color is really off on my computer screen. The lighter strips are almost pink and the background is just off white. The dark is a dark brawn with off white dots. It will be a good one for the new frame because I can try pantograms or free motion in the snowball blocks. I'll probably start with the Mile-a-Minute quilt though because the mistakes (if there are any, ha ha) will be pretty well hidden by the patchwork.