Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Paint Job


Our freezer broke down and the drier was taking three hours to dry a load of towels so we bit the bullet and bought a new front loading washer, drier and chest freezer. While the old ones were out (I did keep the old washer connected until the new one arrives but in the summer I hang my laundry outside) and the new ones not delivered yet, we decided to paint the laundry room. I always hated the previous color. We had a nice antique brown for the kitchen but not enough for the laundry room. We thought we'd just add some white but it turned a really ugly pink. We used it anyway, not wanting another trip to town. I am so glad it's finally covered with a nice pale yellow. Now I hope our new appliances will be delivered soon.

6 comments:

Lynda said...

I too painted my laundry room yellow. However, what looked like a nice pale yellow in the can turned out to be quite a bright yellow on the wall! Oh well, it certainly is a cheerful place to fold clothes. I'm sure your Enchanted Forest quilt and art show was a great success. The setting was beautiful.

Libby Fife said...

Hey, no excuse not to do the laundry now that you have such a beautiful setting to do it in:)

Elsie Montgomery said...

Fresh paint restores the soul! Well, maybe not, but it sure makes using the room more appealing! Happy laundry days!!

Kay said...

Isn't new paint a wonderful feeling? Enjoy.

Wanda said...

I'm sure that the new color and the freshness of new paint make you feel like you have a new room. And new appliances? Wow....that doesn't happen every day either! Enjoy!

Meggie said...

Lucky you! I thought I might be getting a new washer, but the old one was fixed for a very reasonable price... sigh.