Monday, October 19, 2009
I tried a technique from my new image transfer book, using clear packing tape. It was moderately successful. The downside is that the surface is the shiny side of the tape so it's quite glossy. The large white patch on the upper right is reflection from the tape, not white paper showing through. Apparently you can scuff it with sandpaper and then paint on it. It might be useful for cuffs but I'm not sure I'd use in on a wall hanging. I used an illustration from an old quilting magazine. I'm going to try one with a print out from one of my photos next.
Kitty Corner is all quilted and just needs the binding and hanging sleeve and label. I forgot to quilt in my label this time. I was able to use several of the fills from the 365 blog that I mentioned in my last post.