Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Dull Blades


Has anyone used either of these rotary blade sharpeners? I have two other kinds, neither of which work very well.  These are relatively expensive and have received mixed reviews on any site I've checked. I'd love the bottom one if it works because you don't have to remove the blade from the handle. I find the blades I've bought recently have dull spots when they come out of the box or else get dull very quickly. I have a drawer full of dull blades so it would be nice if one of these sharpeners actually worked.   I also heard once that there was a sharpening service somewhere but have lost the address.

2 comments:

Pam in KC said...

I've not used either sharpener -- but I do know the address for the sharpening service -- http://lpsharp.com/

janequiltsslowly said...

Also there are supposed to be new rulers with a diamond edge that sharpens your blades as you cut. I think its called "the Cutting Edge Ruler" but I'm not 100% sure. I have found that the titanium blades are lasting longer and staying sharper than the plain steel ones, if that helps . . . .