Search This Blog

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Another Burgundy Bag


I am trying to use up some of the string pieced fabric so here is a second bag. It is a bit smaller than the first one and I think I prefer it, maybe because the shape of the bag itself is better.

Thanks for all the compliments on my Double Wedding Ring quilt. As I mentioned in a previous blog, I didn't piece it. I found it in a trunk at my Dad's place. I remember as a kid asking my mother why we didn't take it out and finish it. She never wanted to, but now that I am into quilting, I couldn't resist. I'm not sure who pieced it, maybe my mother in her teens back in the early thirties. I think it was done by someone without much piecing experience but I love it anyway. The fabrics are so unique. I hope I will be able to find or dye some fabric for the binding and finish it this week.
Forest Jane asked about my bread. I always make our bread, have done for years. I make multi-grain bread and often add left over rice or mashed potato. The grains I use include oatmeal, oat bran, flax, barley flour, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, wheat germ, rye flour and anything else grainy that I can get my hands on. I didn't bake last week because it was so hot but yesterday we just hit the wall with bought bread and I baked, heat or no heat. It warmed up the house quite a lot but we thougt it was worth it.

2 comments:

quiltpixie said...

I like how the half triangles look on this bag... they have more "movement" than the first bag...

Melanie said...

It's a great size for a book bag...I'd be the the one with the most style at the library. What will you use it for?
Melanie