Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Another One Nearly Done






I hauled this one out a couple of weeks ago and pinned it but then had to put it aside while we got ready for the Artists' Day party. When I actually got started on it I was surprised how fast it went. I have only the border to do. I started it but then ran out of thread. It was nearly noon so I decided to leave it and make lunch. Now we have to go to town to do errands and see my Dad so the rest of the day is used up with that. I hope I will be able to finish it tomorrow. It shouldn't take long to get it to the stage of hand sewing the binding, if I have enough fabric to do the binding. If not it will be a multi-colored pieced binding which could be neat.

9 comments:

quiltpixie said...

love the pattern of this one, and it must feel good to find it's going faster than you expected...

Patti said...

Well done Joyce - it looks great!

Unknown said...

Multi-coloured pieced binding sounds scrummy :o)

Unknown said...

By the way - just showed my husband (the train nut) the pictures of your caboose - as expected he's very jealous - now all we need to do is win the National Lottery to buy a place big enough to be able to fit something like that into the back garden - of course it would help if we ever bought a ticket :o)

ForestJane said...

Ohh, like the centers of those blocks. :)

Finn said...

It's quite unique Joyce, I really like it. The black would do me in, but I love the look..*VBS*

Cynthia said...

Nice quilt Joyce. By the way, i loved the post about the caboose.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fun quilt - glad the quilting part of it is going so smoothly.

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh I love this one Joyce. It looks like stained glass with that black sashing and the blocks on point (see, now I am showing off my newly acquired quilting jargon!!).

I love this quilt. Hope you get the binding finished off soon!