Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Some Bags



Here are some bags that I have made lately. I have been enjoying the process of turning lots of small scraps into something useful. The pink one second from the right would have been one of my favorites if I hadn't forgotten to use piping on it. The piping sets off the string piecing so well. It just lacks something without it. It took me a while to figure out what was missing on that one. The round one is waiting for a handle of some sort. I ran out of the navy fabric before I got the handle made. Also the rings for the handle are a bit too low and I don't think it will balance quite right. It has been fun making these and I still have alot of string pieced fabric left so there may be a few more before I am done.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I can't believe how many bags you have made. Could you tell me what size they are? I hope you'll be successful in selling them.

Laura said...

Wow, great bags! You have been busy!

quiltpixie said...

love the idea of pipping to accent the strings... will have to tuck that away for my ostrich round robin :-)

I didn't make Altona's show (good intentions, car had other plans) maybe next year...