Search This Blog

Thursday, December 07, 2006

New Hat


Yesterday, since I couldn't work on my quilt I decided to make myself a new hat. It is made of polar fleece and I have made dozens of these hats. I took the pattern from a hat that one of my granddaughters got for Christmas one year. The boys don't like the braided ties but otherwise they seem to be unisex. (The hats, that is, not the boys!) I also have to be careful of the colors for the guys. The blue and white one didn't pass because those are Toronto Maple Leaf colors. Oh oh.
The trim in lighter blue is made by cutting a strip of polar fleece about half an inch wide in the direction of most stretch and pulling it. It curls under on both sides and makes a perfect strip to zigzag on.
I like this hat pattern because it makes a hat that keeps my ears warm. There are few things warmer than a double layer of polar fleece.

5 comments:

Libby said...

Warm ears is a plus *s* It looks good and I like the braids.

Anonymous said...

This is a really neat hat. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I literally laughed out loud at your "The hats, that is, not the boys!" Hee hee!

I love the hat! Instructions, please??? I NEED a hat to wear while walking that will keep my ears warm.

dot said...

Thanks, I am going to have to try this pattern.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a great hat! My hats have to cover my ears or else I get instant ear infections.

Cheers!

Evelyn