Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Duvet Cover


Here is a rather poor photo of the duvet cover. It's pretty simple but very comfortable. The back is the flat sheet of the set we bought recently. I didn't line it at all but serged all the seams after they were pieced together. Hopefully, it will hold up to repeated washing.

I have been working away at the quilting frame. It is good to go except for the stitch regulator. It is a Grace Sure Stitch and the instruction booklet doesn't explain at all how to put it on the Inspira frame. Since it was sold as a package deal, I have to assume that they are compatible. I'll have to call the dealer that sold it to me I guess.

I put the borders or the newest quilt and now realize the benefit of the Pfaff built-in walking foot. I used the new machine that doesn't have one and the borders ended up shorter than the quilt resulting in a big puff when I put it up on the design wall. I'll be taking them off and re-doing them using my other machine.

6 comments:

Donna said...

I didn't have a walking foot for years, but having had one I can't now imagine going back to not sewing with one! :-)

meggie said...

I find the walking foot is amazing too. Could not do without it now.

I like your Duvet cover, nice restful colours!

Judy said...

I love that new duvet cover Joyce!

atet said...

I love my walking foot as well -- use it constantly! Love your lanscape quilt you've been working on -- I can understand wanting a break from it but it is simply lovely! And that duvet cover -- great idea, I may have to do something similar for my own bed!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I can't live witthout the walking foot, love your daughter's pictures, Tracey

Libby said...

That walking foot seems to help in so many situations . . . it's a wonder others don't mimic the design.