Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Winter


Since I finished piecing the Crimson Forest, I'm still waiting for the stitch regulator and it started snowing today, it seemed the right time to start a winter quilt. I am still in the early planning stages but I pulled out my blues and pastels and whites. I want to do one with low contrast and cold colors. I did find a hand dye that reminded me of the Northern Lights but I'm not sure if I will use it. I'll have to see how it goes with whatever else I come up with. The frost word is on a bit of the fabric I bought for the duvet cover. It reminded me of frost on a window pane when I first saw it. Maybe the word doesn't show up much but I want it to be very subtle. That's why I'm not sure about the spiral Northern Lights. I may try to dye another one using ice blue and turquoise.

I have the backing made for several tops that have been waiting in line so when I get the stitch regulator (hopefully Friday or Monday) I'll be able to wade right into them.

Edit: It has just been pointed out to me that Borealis is spelled wrong. No worries. It's not sewn down. Spelling was never my strong suit. I used red letters because my face is red.

7 comments:

carmel said...

Mum!!! you spelled borealis wrong!

xo
carm

Donna said...

you could tone down the spiral red fabric you've got with a layer or two of coloured organza and then do thread work on top to hold the layers together....

atet said...

I'm not grading your spelling (my own leaves something to be desired anyway) -- but great idea!

Tonya Ricucci said...

would have added character to have the wrong spelling. more you! fun so far.

Lily Mulholland said...

I was wondering if you spelled Borealis differently in Canada :)

Looking good so far!

meggie said...

I have come to visit late. Love the idea, never mind the spelling!

Pam said...

I never would have realize it was spelt wrong!! LOL

Of course that is why we had children, to keep us in line - LOL!

Fabulous as always Joyce - I just love what you do :))