Search This Blog

Sunday, January 02, 2022

Getting There



 A few years ago at a quilt show I bought templates to make curved blocks.  The package only had the template for the larger blocks and I thought they made an interesting quilt. However, a few years later I found the small templates so I was able to make the quilt illustrated in the photo which was included with the large templates. This is my second attempt. I have been sewing the blocks into rows as I go because it’s very complicated and super easy to make mistakes. Yes there has been some ripping.  I also sewed every two rows together so now I have to complete sewing the rows and then decide on a border or borders. I have spent the last hour dealing with the scraps on the table. Some are discarded because they are too small, some large ones are sorted into colour families and a few ended up in the big tub of little scraps. Between Covid and the cold weather here (wind chills of -44 for a couple of days) I’ve gotten a lot of sewing done.

No comments: