Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 05, 2022

T-shirt Quilt

  
My cousin’s husband, John, is an avid runner and cyclist. When he saw some of my quilts he asked if I’d be able to make a t-shirt quilt.  I had never made one but thought I might as well give it a try.  


 


 The hardest part was cutting up all those nice new t-shirts. I measured the logos, sorted by size and colour and pinned a number on each piece. Then I made a graph arrangement of the sizes and colours.  There were 37 shirts so it became a large quilt!




I spent quite a lot of time arranging on my design wall.  I loosely followed the graph but ended up making some changers.  I decided that the pieces needed to be separated somehow because there were so many whites but not all the same shade. It was a toss up between red and black but I went with red in the end because some of the blocks were black.

 


It looks great on the queen size bed. I was a bit nervous about quilting over some of the logos which were quite stiff but my Bernina handled them perfectly.


John was quite happy with the finished quilt.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Great job!

Cathy said...

An amazing and large piece of work!

LJJ said...

Awesome!