Friday, February 10, 2006
It is only a piece of fabric after all, and I didn't find anything suitable in town, so I bit the bullet and cut up the beautiful dyed fabric for the border. Today I got that done and now it's ready to quilt. That is always a huge decision. It is bigger than I had planned so I will have to do something quite simple. It doesn't really lend itself to stitch-in-the-ditch, which is my usual solution to the quilting question. I think (hope) I have enough orange for the backing and binding. It will be nip and tuck but according to my rough measurements there should be just enough.
I think the dark color quiets it down a bit and that's probably a good thing.