Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 08, 2006


Today I got all the pieces done but now I realize that I can't use the orange for the border as I had planned because I will lose the top of the orange pattern. That would make the blue pattern too dominant. Anyway, now I am dyeing some fabric burgundy and navy which should, according to the color wheel, look good. We will see when it comes out of the dryer. I may also look when I go to town and see if there is anything that would look better for the border.

2 comments:

True's blog said...

i would fill in the little gaps with half triangles of blue and then make an orange border. i wouldn't do burgundy. i think orange and burgundy together is just gross. maybe black but i find that a bit flat. Maybe i would look for a patterned fabric that has both orange and blue? or maybe a different fabric? can you do that? like blue velvety stuff? or gold? i guess i would think of it as if i was wearing it what kinda shoes would I choose. hmmmm....orange and blue tie dye...Maybe a red border??? that could look cool. i would go bright and intense, cos it's a very cheerful looking piece and i think maybe that a dark colour would take some of the fun out of it....anyway, i'll keep thinking...
the quilt looks amazing by the way...!

Joyce said...

I really like the idea of a fabric with orange and blue. I tried gold but it didn't look good at all for some reason. Too dull looking. Stay tuned...