Thanks to Cherie coming over and helping, the pinning was done in no time. That left today open to start quilting. It actually went a lot faster than I thought it would. I got all the center part done with stitch in the ditch and the cable design on one end. At that point I totally ran out of steam. The quilting doesn't show up at all in the photo but you can see how nice the black dyeing job turned out, thanks to Jen's old spinner washer which could be programmed to agitate for an hour. Too bad I didn't notice that the hose wasn't connected to the outlet before I started spinning the dye out! A bit of a clean up there.
Here is the right side. I am always surprised how much better they look when they are quilted. I still have to do the cable on three sides and straight lines on the two outer borders. I should be able to get to the binding tomorrow if I have as productive a day as today.