Friday, April 13, 2007
I need backing for my chickens so while I am waiting for that, I started on a bag for the challenge at our local quilt show. I have had the fabrics for nearly a year and the deadline is approaching so I thought I had better get on it. I decided to use Tonya's wonky letters because I love making them. THe little phone case is from Shirley at Dyeing2 Design I hope Shirley doesn't mind my using her idea. The gold chain will attach the phone bag to the top of the bag. I think I will couch some dark brown yarn around the word Bag because it doesn't show up enough. I'll probably do a cloth shoulder strap and call it done. I'm not crazy about how this bag has turned out but after having the fabric staring at me for a year, I'm glad to get rid of it. I do much better when I have an idea and get fabrics to match than when trying to match an idea to fabrics that someone else has picked out.