Search This Blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Chickens


I am back at the chicken coop again. Dot kindly sent me a bit of egg fabric. It's quite strong contrast but I think a bit of it livens up the chicken house.
The whole piece is about 35" by 40" so I am not sure if I will try to make a house for them or just frame it with a dark color. It seems a bit large to make a house . I think it might just look like a sort of wonky frame. I may try it out on the design wall. Once it is all sewn together it will be a bit smaller too. I am always surprised how much smaller a piece gets when it's sewn together.

7 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Whatever you do to this quilt will be wonderful! Will keep checking back to see how you finish it.

Libby said...

The new fabric is an 'eggscellent' addition *s*

meggie said...

I like the new egg fabric. It is looking good, & am sure no matter what you do, it will still look great!

Unknown said...

I like it. Very nice job. I love birds of any kind. I just found a set of really neat Rooster patterns that would make a nice set with your chickens. Where can I get the chicken patterns?
http://thetravellingquilter.blogspot.com/

atet said...

I love the new fabric addition. That little bit of a darker stripe really makes the other colors and the chickens pop. I can't wait to see what you do with it next.

Cynthia said...

i have to agree with the others, i also like the bits of "egg' fabric you've added.

KC Quilter said...

This quilt just keeps getting better and better!