Monday, April 09, 2007
First, I want to thank all of you for the comments! I was amazed at how many of you took the time to encourage me and to give an opinion on the roofline. Happily, nearly all of you liked the one I had pretty well decided to do.
I have made the fox and it wasn't easy! This is the second one. The first one was way too big. He could have devoured the entire chicken house. His tail is made separately and lined. I will just sew it on at the base and tack it down near the end. I made it that way because I really wanted a round end on it. I could also aplique it down, which I may do.
The roof is still just pinned on. I am not sure how to deal with the overhang. It looks better with an overhang but I am not sure how to finish it. I can't imagine binding around such sharp corners. Maybe I will make an envelope, but I'm not sure how that will work with those angles either.
Now to decide how to quilt it.