Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

Thanks

Today on reading Dot's blog I saw that she had nominated me for the Nice Blogger's Award. I am honored that she thought of me . Thanks Dot! I am a regular visitor to Dot's blog and am always inspired by the work she does.
"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also, for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you've been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award." Here are my nominations in alphabetical order. I won't say much about each because you can go to their blogs to see why I have nominated them.
Jane Ann at Jettstream is an amazing seamstress both in quilting and garment making. Her smocking for her grandchildren is something to see. Lucky kids!
Judy from Judy in the Dyes has been encouraging and helpful and does wonderful hand dyes.
Meg at Life's Free Treats is always a treat to read. She can make any situation amusing and I can often be found in front of the computer laughing out loud at something she has written.
Darcie at Longarm Quilter and Hand Dyer is practically a neighbour although she lives in a different country. We hope to meet up in real life one of these days.
Nellie from Nellie's Needles has helped me solve numerous quilting problems, even going so far as to send me some barbed wire (fabric) to keep my chickens in their pen.
Donna at Quilt Pixie is a fairly close neighbour. She lives in the city nearest to us but we haven't actually met yet.
Norma at Silver Thimble Quilting always has something positive to say. Her quilts are an inspiration.

I could go on and on nominating the bloggers I read regularly but several have already been nominated more than once and the rules did say seven!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks for nominating me Joyce. It was very kind, and represents why you deserve the award :-) I wont be "playing along" though I think its a worthwhile activity as I'm working more and more diligently to focus my blog on only studio work... Feel free therefore to rescind my nomination and name someone else, knowing that I truly appreciate the sentiment.

meggie said...

Thanks for the Nomination Joyce, you beat me to the punch! I was going to put you on my list, as I try to never miss a post of yours. I really do hope we can have a MIRL when you come to Aussie. ( MIRL Meeting In Real Life)

Judy said...

Well Joyce, you are so sweet! There I was away in the woods with very little internet and didn't know you had given me the award! I feel honored, humbled and want to thank you very much. I will have to get busy and make up my list. I'd put you on it, but since you're already there, I cannot!

I was looking at your worktable that you said you wanted to be higher. I've had that problem myself and have put paint cans under the legs. Works like a charm. I've also seen table with pvc pipe added to the feet to add height. That is too nice of a table to get rid of...and I'm too darned cheap!!

xo and thanks again!!!

Jane Ann said...

Ah, Joyce, luv, YOU'RE the one who deserves the award from me. You've been sensitive and kind in ways I really needed. Anyone you count as a friend is lucky indeed. My talents are so meager as to make me feel a bit uncomfortable in this company, but I certainly appreciate your encouragement.