Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Here is the first version of the bag from the pattern I bought in Santa Fe. I'll change a few things on the next one, especially the fabric which looks too military for me. I used it because I didn't want to waste good fabric if it didn't turn out well. I do like the size and shape though, so I'll be making another one soon.
This side called for a long strip of velcro under the pocket flap but I find that makes it too hard to open. Next time I'll make the pocket deeper and just use a small spot of velcro or a magnetic snap. I like the sunglasses pocket on the gusset near the top but I'll make it a bit deeper the next time. It is fine if the glasses are not in a case but it's too short for my case.
Now I just have to get rid of some junk so it won't be so heavy.