Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Birthday Gifts


Today is my birthday so we had lunch with some friends and then I picked out my own gift. (That's the best way to ensure that you get what you like.) I have wanted a pressure cooker for awhile now so that's what I chose. Now to learn how to use it without taking my head off.


My granddaughters do know exactly what I like though. They put together a basket of my favorite things and they know me well! Gardening gloves, gin and tonic for later and a road map because I love road trips. I'm going to make a nice liner with a drawstring for the basket and use it for a purse. Maybe I'll make several liners and then I'll have more than one purse.
Thanks a lot Sacha, Ariana and Micha!

15 comments:

Vicki W said...

You have the best granddaughters ever!

Brenda said...

Happy birthday! and really great gifts too. is the sun shining today? we've had some sun here, cloudy right now.

carmel said...

happy birthday mum!

Ali Honey said...

Wishing You a very Happy Birthday fellow gemini.
Great gifts ! I thought I spied an avocado in the glass?

Libby Fife said...

Happy birthday! That basket looks like a great start:)

Careful with that pressure cooker. Now you can do some canning:)

Darcie said...

Happy Belated Birthday wishes, Joyce! Sounds like a wonderful day.

Can't wait to see the basket-turned-purse! ;-)

rlbates said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a great one.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Outstanding gifts! Pressure cookers have always intimidated me, do be careful.

Tonya Ricucci said...

happy birthday!!!

Debra Dixon said...

Happy 39th Birthday! *wink*

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know I'm coming late to the party, but happy birthday!

Myra said...

A belated happy birthday Joyce! Wonderful gifts! Hope you had a great day! A great birthday week! 8-)

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

A belated birthday wish for you from me too! Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Sandra Henderson said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
I sure do love your cooking blog!!! WOW!~~~~~~ XO

Chris Daly said...

Happy Birthday Joyce!