Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

Cats


Due to various birthdays, graduations etc, I haven't been spending much time in my studio lately, but today I finally got some piecing done. I decided that the quote for this quilt will be "A home is defined by the presence of cats". The original quote used civilization instead of home, but I wanted a more personal tone. I'm not sure that there is quite enough contrast between the letters and the background but I think it will be legible. I could up the contrast with quilting or embellishing with embroidery thread when I'm done if it is hard to read.

9 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great quote and I love those cute kitties lurking in the doorways. Nice!

*karendianne. said...

Wow. That's extremely cool!!! I knew I loved you. :)

pwl said...

In that case, we definitely have a home. LOL

Lynn Cohen said...

I do love your whimsical art and yes a cat makes a house a home.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful quote!!! yes, is a bit hard to read.

Sandra Henderson said...

HOW CUTE!!! You'd like EM over at Em Celebrates! Just look on my bloglist... These are so much FUN! :)

Judy Hartman said...

I love this, Joyce, and the word "home" does work well.
Very cute!

Magpie Sue said...

That is the perfect quote! Love your houses :- )

Chris Daly said...

Now those look like cats from my neighborhood. Houses on a hill ;)