Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Practise Piece


Awhile ago I bought Intuitive Color and Design by Jean Wells.
Today I tried the first project which was piecing soft curves. When I had finished the square I thought it needed something else so I inserted the tree shapes since the colors were supposed to indicate earth and sky. The big branch on the left turned out a bit too big so I added another tree. I'm not totally satisfied with it but it was an interesting exercise in color and curved piecing.
I liked it enough to make it into a pillow top.


14 comments:

Ali Honey said...

I like your bright cheerful experimental cushion. The red edging adds a zing. Great to have on show on a dull daay.

MyCretanlife said...

I like someone how is willing to have a go at things. I think that your landscape works very well, and it looks lovely finished as a cushion. Well done! I'm impressed.

Darcie said...

Very cool! That one little cushion provided you with lots of studies.

Happy weekend, Joyce!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Very inventive!

*karendianne. said...

Smashing! Simply smashing! How clever of you. So creative and darned inspirational. Gosh you're so cool.

Myra said...

Looking good to me Joyce! Very cheerful colors! Great for summer! 8-)

Gayle said...

Oh my gosh, I LOOOOVE this!!!

Mary Johnson said...

I like the gentle curves and the trees are definitely a good addition.

carmel said...

that's cute mum!

Meggie said...

That is very appealing! Love it.

em's scrapbag said...

I like this. It gives me an idea for a bee I'm in. I need to make and organic feeling block. Thanks for the inspiration.

antique quilter said...

That is great idea to make it into a pillow.
Love the fabric choices!
Kathie

Judy Hartman said...

What a great, happy looking pillow!!
Love the colors!

Kate North said...

Like this, both with and without the trees. Finally getting a chance to catch up with a few blogs :)