Search This Blog

Friday, June 05, 2009

And Three More!


Today I finished three more UFOs. The one above is rather faded in the picture. The browns are much richer looking in real life. The wall that it is hanging on is actually yellow.


This is an exercise from the Art Quilt Workbook. I tried a lily but it ended up looking a bit flat. I probably should have chosen something in colors rather than white.


I'm not sure this one is finished. I'm thinking that the beads on the green strip are too big. I might cut them off and use small clear crystal beads. What do you think?

10 comments:

Kay said...

I like the way the storm piece turned out, Joyce. You may be right about the beads though.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I love the lightning streak! Is it finished? Beats me! It'll talk to you won't it?

Must be satisfying to finish off several projects...

jovaliquilts said...

I clicked to enlarge the photo, and before I could look at the beads, I saw the sprial on the right is just like the earrings I am wearing today. I don't have a strong feeling about the beads, but I love the sun look in the panel from the far right.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Joyce, your lily might be helped by putting a yellow stamen center on it.


You totally changed those sides on the storm quilt. I love the sunset one with the rays in the quilting.

Nellie's Needles said...

Those tear-drop pearls are a bit large. I was impressed with the braid(?) of clear beads you had in that position early on.

Vicki W said...

You are on a roll!

Rose P in PV said...

Love them all.

If you don't have to wash the lily quilt, you could try shading with paints, chalk, crayon, colored pencil, etc. It's fun to try out a new technique like shading. Velda Newman shows this in her book, a workshop with VN.

Libby Fife said...

Good call on the beads being too large. You have a great stash of fabrics for pieces like this.

Good for you for finishing up your UFOs-they do accumulate don't they?

~Laurie~ said...

Just beautiful - great work!!
Laurie

Wanda said...

I like the lily...I think the white is perfect!