Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Go For Gold


This one is finished unless I see something else to change when it has hung for awhile. I changed the large gold button for a smaller one, partly because the bigger one was pulling the top of the piece down. I think the smaller one looks better anyway. The longer tail looks very blue on my computer screen but it's actually a dark gray. I see, when comparing pictures, that I didn't put the gold chain on the long tail. Does it look better on, or are there too many chains on the same side if it's there?
I decided to call it Go For Gold because the hanging pieces remind me of gold medals. Canada will be hosting the next Winter Olympics so I suppose, even though I'm not much of an Olympics fan, the theme is appropriate.

10 comments:

Myra said...

Looks great as it there Joyce! Good name for the piece too! 8-)

Vicki W said...

I didn't pay attention to the title but as soon as I saw it I though of a medals award ceremony. It turned out great!

Janet said...

Like the title. Nice finish.

Maggi said...

A lovely piece and very appropriate title. What sort of size are your pieces like this?

Elsie Montgomery said...

Good title!

Wanda said...

Great title...and wonderful piece. You really see things clearly and beautifully.

Debra Dixon said...

Super piece and good use of your embellishments here!

meggie said...

It is quite amazing how little changes change the whole piece. Very nice!

Gayle said...

This is a favorite! It's beautiful!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great name and great piece Joyce! I love the different levels of it (something, with my perfectionist tendencies, I find REALLY hard to do!)