Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I got all the tulips finished and then spent the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon dyeing some fabric pink for the sashing and borders. The first one was called Hot Pink, but I thought it looked too bright and might drown out the tulips so I did another piece with a very diluted red. Turned out that I used both of them. The background triangles were blue in the one in the book but I didn't have enough blue so I went with the lighter pink. I got part of it sewn together but the camera battery died before I could take a photo. The next decision is whether to use the light pink for the outer border with a dark pink binding or a dark pink border with a blue binding.
I am also starting to think about how I will quilt it. That's always a difficult decision for me.
I am really pleased with how the flowers turned out. Hopefully I will get it all sewn together tomorrow and maybe the binding on, if I can decide on the colour scheme for it.

No comments: