Search This Blog

Monday, March 13, 2006


I made a few more tulip blocks and have decided to discard the two I made yesterday. The first one is in the wrong order and the plain one is too bland. I am happiest with the purple one but that is done with fabrics I hand dyed last fall using a gradated dyeing technique, so they all match perfectly. The blue is the least successful because the top of the flower is too light and doesn't show up enough. I will probably run out of the green that I am using for the leaves unless there is a piece hiding among my scraps. Time for a deep search or else a few will be made with different leaves. The next decision is what to use for sashing and the triangles in the edges and the border.

3 comments:

yuriko said...

tulips look very cute!

Summer Debreuil said...

i love it! i like how each tulip starts light and gets darker. i like the colors to. i guess i'll have to come to canada to pick it up.lol. cant wait till it's finnished!
-summer

joyce said...

You are welcome here any time. Today I am dyeing some fabric pink to go between the tulips and on the back. I hope it looks good.
Gramma